An Assortment of Activities
Apart from the year long eco school project, OASIS had a lot of unique activities in the year 2010
- Water literacy campaigns titled ‘Safeguard Water’, activities to highlight plastic perils under ‘Gag the Bag’ banner, and visits to the sewage treatment plant in Versova, Mumbai were organised and conducted by interns from various colleges.
- The Executive Director of OASIS attended the Vision Seminar, a seminar on the environmental state of Mumbai and the vision for the city, conducted by the Environment Ministry of India.
- A video on ‘Let’s Go Car-Free Today!’ was presented by OASIS on Carter Road, Mumbai.
- With the kind offices of Zoo Outreach – a unique, dynamic and productive conservation, research, education, and welfare NGO – an activity called ‘Bhalu tera kya haal’and Wildlife week activities were held for BMC students.
- Generic workshops and awareness sessions on environment internship possibilities were conducted for institutions like Jai Hind College, The Institute of Science and the Political Science department of Mumbai University.
- A tree plantation activity was conducted in Churchgate, Mumbai with the students of Jai Hind college.
- A photo gallery titled ‘Global Warming – the Last Warning’ was hosted by students of Wilson College, Mumbai at the Horniman Circle.
- Students of Sterling College, Mumbai conducted an eye opening session titled ‘What Shall we Eat When all Plants are Gone?’ for students of Kendriya Vidyalaya school.
- A workshop promoting the holy basil as a gifting idea titled ‘The Living Bouquet’ was conducted in association with ING VYSYA bank. It was loved by the students and a video on the subject was prepared by MBA student Pryathna.
A special mention and gratitude goes out to Ms Apoorva Sridhar, who streamlined the documentation related to OASIS activities since its inception.